Chicago Paralegal Association (CPA) is the leading professional association in Chicago dedicated to enhancing the success of all paralegals. CPA was formed by local paralegals in response to the growing need for an organized professional association throughout the Greater Chicago Area. Our members promote professionalism through establishing standards of professional and ethical conduct, encourage excellence and continuing achievement within the profession, provide educational opportunities to all members, and channel the energies of our individual members to the benefit and growth of the paralegal profession and the legal community throughout the Greater Chicago Area. Here are just some of the reasons why you should join the CPA:
- Membership in a professional organization for less than $7 per month.
- Exclusive access to current job postings in our Career Center.
- Access to the CPA’s Resource Center, including document repository, articles, and recorded webinars.
- Free attendance at live CPA-sponsored webinars and networking events.
- A subscription to the CPA’s monthly newsletter, Paralegal Pulse, a brief roundup of online links to news stories and commentary of interest to the Chicago paralegal community.
- Opportunity to attend Board and Committee meetings throughout the year at no charge. Attending meetings keeps paralegals abreast of changes in the law, technology, and the workforce.
- Opportunities for legal experience through Pro Bono work.
- Ability to participate as a mentor or mentee in CPA’s Mentorship Program (COMING SOON; some restrictions apply).